"Stay" is a charming word in a friend's vocabulary.
-Louisa May Alcott-


Please leave me
a comment!

e premte, 26 tetor 2007

What color is the kitchen today, Marmee??


Not everyone gets to hear that comment in their lifetime, do they?? I have been doing some heavy duty painting...when I paint, my house suffers, my family suffers (having to listen to me gripe about how much I hate to paint) and the well-being of the my universe suffers. So, if I have to suffer, I thought I would let you suffer right along with me. Aren't I nice?






When my brother comes, my life goes right out the window..and here is the proof!! LOL

I decided to paint my kitchen brownish and pickle or white wash over it on the bead board to add a little pizazz. Good grief, what a load of work. Well, the green I had (that I loved, I might add) didn't match my new tile, and since I can't change the tile, I changed the paint! Oh my gosh, I am not sure I can face that room in the morning. Hey, wait, I get to leave tomorrow for a small respite to go and pick up the fireplace insert that we purchased off of Ebay. Wow, I can't wait to see that put in. I am going to save the pics of my new rustic mantle for when I show you my new insert put in to the fireplace.

Paul wants to use the bead board I have left over to go behind the stove, which is fine, except that we have to pull the stove out again and that sucker is heavy...oh yeah, and I had to paint those little babes and they are out in the workshop, waiting to be cut. So, even though it may look like I worked hard in these photos, remember the 4 pieces I painted out in the shop also!!!
Did I mention I hate painting?

5 komente:

George tha...

picture number two, pixel 455 looks like you missed a spot. time to start over! just kidding!!!

Hey with all that great cooking you do, you need a kitchen you can be proud of, and it looks like you have one! good job!

Jenn tha...

Wow! You stay busy! I was very surprised with all the food. And you new hair looks great!! I hope the kitchen awakens your senses in the morning!!

June tha...

Well, it is all looking great! I will have to come back over to inspect your work when you all finish up with this round! lol

Anonim tha...

I loathe painting too...but I won't let anyone else do it..go figure! lol!! I'm a little envious of that awesome red stockpot I see in one of those photos...I need one of those don't I?! lol!!

Kathy, Jeff's Wife tha...

hello!

I couldn't find your email address so I need to leave a comment. You did not win my quilting class give away, but I am giving a great discount to everyone that commented.

Thank you for taking part in my give away!
http://highergroundtoday.blogspot.com