"Stay" is a charming word in a friend's vocabulary.
-Louisa May Alcott-


Please leave me
a comment!

e premte, 9 nëntor 2007

I'm naked, and I ain't wearin' no leaves neither!!



My poor tree has lost it's leaves, bless it's heart,
it is kind of hard to see but the tree is surrounded with leaves!


Winter has arrived, like a lion, and poor little fall didn't even have a chance to make an appearance!




Have you ever seen this depicted in a cartoon?

You know, when one minute all the leaves are on the trees and the next they have all fallen to the ground?

That really happened to us this week, it was so funny that I had to take a picture of it.
The leaves all fell in one day on a mystery tree here on our land. If anyone has any idea what kind of tree this is, please leave me a comment!! We would love to know.








I did get a shot of one of the really big leaves and the "nuts "that it puts out.

We love this tree, it is one of the big ones and so majestic looking, even without it's huge leaves.
It posts guard over the little apple trees, lending it's height and width as guard against intruders.







I have a darling picture of Bobby to prove my point about winter, she was out mowing in 50 degree weather this week.

If you click on the picture and get a close up, you may be able to see her gloves and hat and coat. It looked so cute, I just had to take this.

So, now that November is here, we are doing our "production knitting" as Ashley coins it!! LOL It is down and dirty in this household now! Oh my gosh, I just looked at my knitting queue and I have so totally finished some of those projects!! I need to get my blog tech to change it for me!! I am finishing Uncle Paul's socks, as he is leaving tomorrow at zero dark thirty, and have a little thing to sew for Jared and Murrays package to send to Hawaii. That has to go into the post in the next week, to get there for her birthday, on the 21st and arrive before they leave for France for Christmas,which I think is the 30th of November, to visit her mother and extended family.

I am trying to do my Christmas things( like make all the cookies and stuff) this month as Anthony, Bobby's boyfriend, will be here in the first part of December for 2 or so weeks, and we want to share our holiday with him. Of course, it won't be the same without the last minute pressure, lol! We will do our best to fake it though.

So, life goes on here in the meadow and I will be sure and get some more photos of it. I will leave you with a picture that shows you what can happen if you leave the camera laying around for just anyone to snap a moment in time!
Yes, it is staged, yes, they are both silly gooses, and yes, I have 10 or so more, just as silly as this one. The only one with a shred of dignity here is Bailey, the sheltie, and she does look so cute, doesn't she?? I will tell you right now, I am going to get killed for this, but it will be so worth it, LOL!! If you don't see a post this weekend, you will know what happened........

4 komente:

Heather tha...

The tree dropping her drawers cracks me up. I don't know what it is either, but the tree certainly is interesting.
Those two are such hams-what fun!

June tha...

Well, I don't know the tree name, but here is a website that might help?! http://www.oplin.org/tree/ I tried to get it by leaf, but alas, I really don't know enough about your tree -

Your girls are real actresses! They must have been stunned to see a naked tree. I think.

George tha...

Well, Im not a tree expert, I don't even play one on TV, but I do know two things. You have two adorable girls there "posing", and it is always a delight to visit "The Moonlit Meadow"

Michelle Olsen Sasak tha...

I'm feeling the last minute knitting/sewing rush too! Our trees out here did the "all leaves gone in one day" thing too. We don't have any trees in out yard, but our neighbor's tree was gracious enough to cover our yard in leaves for us...lol