"Stay" is a charming word in a friend's vocabulary.
-Louisa May Alcott-


Please leave me
a comment!

e martë, 29 janar 2008

Knitting by the second

I finished my shawl, and yes, thank you, that was my own handspun and hand dyed merino. I love it and am now moving on to blocking it. I will post those pics soon.
On the needles at present, is a cute little cardigan from Garnstudio. The radically different thing about this cardigan is that it is being made with Ashley's new yarn. Yeah, Ashley Megan is starting her own line of yarn. I am using the Bamboo/Merino and I have to say I love it. I love her colorway and the yarn itself. We weren't sure how this would knit up, so I boldly volunteered to knit something...lol.
This is knitting up so well. It is soft and shiny and drapes oh so well.
The other radically different thing about this cardigan is that I am learning to knit back backwards. This is so fun. I am so proud of myself. Strictly for you, dear reader, I had Ashley time me on this little cardigan back (yes, Diane, I am making it in pieces!). Here are the results:
I knit one row of 124 stitches in 2.37 minutes, I purled in 4.13 minutes and I knit back backwards in 6.4 minutes.
I dont' even want to think about the time I have put into.....oh never mind, LOL.
Ashley is going to be selling her yarn, and very reasonably too, I might add. Rush over to her blog and you can see all the pretty colors!!

Nuk ka komente: