"Stay" is a charming word in a friend's vocabulary.
-Louisa May Alcott-


Please leave me
a comment!

e diel, 30 dhjetor 2007

All over but the shoutin'

Well, Christmas has come and gone....and I seem to be no worse for the wear, lol.

I did finish Bobby's Prairie Tunic and got her to model it for me before I blocked it, so forgive the smashed appearance of the little thing!

Here is the front with it's two little lace patterns and the back with one little lace pattern. I must admit that the "straps" were way too easy, it was twisted cord and I got Greg to help me (bless his heart!! what a guy!). It seemed like cheating, but it turned out so awesome. I love it and will do it again any chance I get!!


I have the best models in the world!

















I have been pretty sick for the last 2 or 3 days and I have missed a few things I had planned for a while, I was bummed about that, but on the high side of it all, I was able to spin two bobbins of the birthday fiber from Copper Moose and ply 3 bobbins full. Oh man, I can not wait to knit this stuff up!! It spins like melted butter in my hands and I love the flashes of color.
Here is how much I have left of the 3# bump that Ashley got me for my birthday, I think it is about 1 # now. Here are my accomplishments: 4 skeins of unwashed fiber, begging for the twist to be set. I thought I had the pattern picked out for my first ever sweater for me, but now I am rethinking it. I think I want to do a Norwegian pullover...hmmm, decisions, decisions. But, the good thing about spinning is that you have ample time to think and plan while you spin. Now, if I could just figure out how to read all the books that I can't find on CD while I spin, that would be just dandy!!
I am also thinking over my New Years Resolutions.....so, I must go now, my brain is on overload!

3 komente:

Peggy tha...

Barbwire would spin like butter in your hands!!!!! The tank is adorable.

Anonim tha...

I just happened to "click" my favorites and saw Marmee something... wondering if that was yours!! I read WAY back to past blogs.... fun to read. Sounds like things are going well...Happy New Year to you and yours.
(I couldn't figure out who Bobby is.)
Jan Collins

June tha...

The tunic looks fabulous and oh oh oh, how pretty that fiber is spinning up! I think I caught your illness via e-mail, but, hopefully, I will recover soon!