"Stay" is a charming word in a friend's vocabulary.
-Louisa May Alcott-


Please leave me
a comment!

e hënë, 3 dhjetor 2007

Christmas in Kentucky

Here is my latest knitting project, Aubreys little prairie tunic(scroll almost all the way to the bottom). Darling, isn't it? And here is what I have done....I have converted it to be knitted in the round, just not enough time to do it back and forth.

..Of course, I will have to do it back and forth once I get to the top, but sheesh, why torture myself? lol
And here is the latest pair of socks that I decided I had to get on the needles last night before going to bed. They are for a particular person that can not be named at the present holiday time.
Don't you just love my new little lamb? His name is Simon and I got him at the Shaker Museum's Christmas Festival, here in Auburn, KY.

We have a before and after of our Christmas tree this year. This is our first year to decorate it this way, it is a natural looking tree and I just fell in love once we got it all done!!
So, without further ado....before

and after!!!!!!!!!

I couldn't put anything glitzy next to that awesome new mantle, now could I?


I also put a bird's nest in the tree that Levi found abandoned last week.



Our stockings have been hung with care, but not on the chimney, as we have way too many stockings to hang!!
I had to make new stockings this year because we are decorating differently and the little girls embroidered all the names themselves.







I am so proud of them. They did a bang up job!







Everyone is in the Christmas spirit around here.

Bailey is modeling a 2 part ensemble, the collar part of which was promptly relieved of one of it's little pom-poms. Shouldn't have left it on so long, I guess. But we did get a picture of the original outfit, lol.



And Mallory was just sure that Champ would want to model the hat.
I was not quite so sure, but I did take the picture. Is it possible that I see a snarl?

Last, but not least, after reading my friend June's blog, I have decided to do the Pay-it-forward exchange.
Since I have so many blessings, I am going to bless someone else!!

I will send a handmade gift to the first 3 people who leave a comment on my blog requesting to join this PIF exchange. I don’t know what that gift will be yet and you may not receive it tomorrow or next week, but you will receive it within 365 days, that is my promise! The only thing you have to do in return is pay it forward by making the same promise on your blog.

The only drawback is that you have to have a blog to participate. I hate to exclude any of you, but that's the deal. So, go ahead and leave a comment and I get back with you, if you want to participate.

Merry Christmas to All!!

3 komente:

George tha...

Looks like Bailey, Champ, and Mallory could all be models! the tree looks great, even before the decorations. and also, like me, you all seem to be celebrating Christmas already. good plan!! Looks like Christmas in the meadow will be something this year. Love and blessings to you all.
George

June tha...

Wow, wow, wow! It all looks great! I have a matching sheep from the Shaker museum, I think mine is Cotswold, I wanted something I had spun!

Anonim tha...

Ok, Rolynn, I am logged on and leaving a comment. I just love the girls' pj sets and the darling little doll clothes. I don't know where you find the time to get all those things done. I will put a PIF on my blog just as soon as I get some time. Have a great week! Jennifer