"Stay" is a charming word in a friend's vocabulary.
-Louisa May Alcott-


Please leave me
a comment!

e diel, 13 janar 2008

Lots of firsts!!


Well, this post is going to be full of lots of firsts.....

First of all, pun intended,lol, is the girls. Kels and Boo. They decided their Lego creation was a first prize article and so they gave themselves this first prize ribbon. It says...."Perfect job, first prize"
Now, how is that for confidence?

See my curtains? I just love them. I got these quilt squares out of an old Hoosier cabinet Greg and I got in Alabama years ago. It was supposed to be a friendship quilt, where they embroider their own names and sometimes a date. One or two of them have a 1930's date sewn on. Cool, huh? And Greg made my curtain rod out of an old rope bed slat we found in the attic of the workshop when we moved here. More coolness, huh?

The second first is that I am doing the Tasha Tudor shawl...finally, and I am doing it with my own handdyed handspun. I very rarely make anything for myself, but to get to do it with my own handspun and then to dye it this gorgeous cedar, is a biggie for this marmee!

And the third first is that for the first time, Kelsey Belle, is doing a marmee KAL (knit-along). It was so cute to see her sitting next to me, doing what I was doing...and well, I might add! Her project is knitted just as well as any I have seen, and she is only 9. I am expecting big things out of this little knitting prodigy!


So, I leave you with this darling photo of my shawl, with my baby's shawl she is knitting (her gauge is twice mine!) and my knitting partner Bisou. Tres Bien, Suzanne?

PS. One last first, I took my first french lesson from Suzanne this week. I sat in on the class for my littles and learned I am not very good at pronunciation.....I am not beat though!! I will persevere. LOL

2 komente:

June tha...

Well, I am not Suzanne, but Bravo ! Tu as fait un travail formidable! Well Done!

Left-Handed Housewife tha...

I love the curtains and the notion that you found a quilt in an old cabinet! I'm always hoping to stumble upon old things in unsuspected places ...