"Stay" is a charming word in a friend's vocabulary.
-Louisa May Alcott-


Please leave me
a comment!

e premte, 8 shkurt 2008

When will I learn?

So, where have I been? I have been in re-arranging mode for the past week, and I am warning you, it isn't over! LOL Those words make my children visually shudder....ha.
I have been trying to rethink how we use the house, and after living here for a little over a year, I think I have it now!
I have moved the dining room table into the sunroom, so that the first thing you see when you come in is this:

I love my Willow Tree figurines, my family has helped my collect them over the years. I like seeing my quilts and the other things that make my heart sing.And here is my darling Wilson wheel with and old apron, quilts and embroidered tea towels.



and then I moved our "playroom" stuff into the "library". We all like it better. We opened up the doorway between the rooms and it is alot more open feeling.

I have begun to move the boys out of the downstairs room and put them upstairs and take the craft stuff out of the upstairs and move it downstairs. This is just the beginning, but I am leaving the bed in there, so that it can still function as a guest room when needed. Ashley's beading stuff will be in here and all the skein winding, spinning stuff and all my sewing stuff, so we have to call it the craft room!






I have an urgent need to finish the craft room ASAP, and here it is! I can't wait to make this bag. I discovered Lazy Girl's blog and was instantly enamored!


Oh yeah, and I have not been idle with the knitting either!! I do have a confession to make to blogland.......I am a circular knitter.......Whew! There, it is said. I can no longer deny it. I can not even bear to knit a bit in flat...I was going to try, Diane, you know I was. But, I couldn't do it. I just couldn't.
I finally got my pattern for the Fletcher sweater and cast on for it. This is what I had in about 3 or 4 hours of work. I know that it looks blue, but this is the delicious handspun yarn I made from my birthday fiber Ashley got me at Copper Moose. This is being worked in the round...lol, duh, and has 14" of knitting finished. That means the front and back both have 14" done.When I looked at that, compared to the pitiful 4" I had done on just the back of the little sweater I was knitting out of Ashley's hand-dyed.....I couldn't help myself. I swear, I was just looking at it one minute, and the next minute it was totally ripped out. It was like an out of body experience! Knowing the lovely knitting audience that I surround myself with, I don't want to offend. But, come on guys....14" vs. 4'????? I guess I will always be paddling upstream, I mean I am a continental knitter, after all. LOL
I really shouldn't say that I didn't learn anything from this, I did learn to knit back backwards (why didn't I realize then that I would not be able to knit flat???) and I did learn that my particular lot in life will be constantly converting patterns to circular. Okay...well, I guess I better go learn to design sweaters for myself!

4 komente:

Heather tha...

I only knit in the round too. I have no patience for flat knitting and really no skill at seaming.

The house looks great- your sun/dining room reminds me of a Country Living magazine cover. Very pretty!

Anonim tha...

Hi Marmee,

The fabrics you picked for your Miranda are wonderful. She's going to be a beauty!

Can't wait to see her.

My best,
Joan Hawley
Lazy Girl Designs

June tha...

Yes, but my statement is that you did 4" in four hours - like that is only 14 hours, ya know! Try knitting on size 3's for four hours! That is normally my world for ya! lol

PS: Why is the blogger "user" in a different language?

Anonim tha...

I love the rearranging! Just don't move my spot on the stadium seating couch - please???
Even though I am a hooker and not much on knitting - I would pick 14" over 4" ANY DAY!!!!!!!
Keep warm!